Ultimately, Amersham Osteopathic Clinic is doing all that is reasonable to minimise risk while remaining open. However, we cannot eliminate all risk, primarily as COVID-19 can be spread by those showing no symptoms.
What you can do:
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment to avoid cross-contamination / support social distancing
- Please try not to be late as I now need extra time between patients for additional hygiene procedures.
- Unless you need a chaperone, please do not bring anyone with you.
- I will leave the door slightly ajar to avoid the need to use the handle, (it is sanitised between patients if you need to use it) or use your sleeve or other covering to open
- Please let me know you have arrived before entering the reception so I can put on my fresh PPE, and wait outside the door – if it is raining, please step inside and wait on the mat.
- Please do wear a face-covering unless you are exempt from doing so. Children do not need to wear a face covering unless they would prefer to do so.
What I am doing
Additional Precautions and Infection Control Measures
I have updated infection control measures
- To offer an extra level of protection, I have 15 minute gaps between every other patient to allow extra time for sanitising and disinfecting of equipment and fixtures, aeration and time to change PPE
- I am wearing PPE for your protection including a face mask, disposable gloves, and will be changing my clinic top between each patient until guidance changes.
- My sink is available for your use as required for you to wash hands / face, there is fresh paper towel for you to dry hands / face. Hand Sanitiser is available should you wish to use this.
- Touchable hard surfaces that have been used are sanitised between patients; including door handles, taps, card payment machines, chair, desk (as well as the usual cleaning procedures).
- The treatment couch has a wipe clean sheet which is sprayed and wiped down with medical-grade sanitiser between appointments.
- Magazines and soft furnishings such as seat cushions have been removed, any cushions used to support you during treatment are placed under the plastic sheet.
- Children’s soft toy have been removed; plastic toys and wooden puzzles will be wiped clean after each use, but I encourage you to please bring your own toys to minimise the cleaning burden.
- I have a wipe clean mat for children who want to sit and play on the floor.
Contactless payment / card payment is preferred. The card machine is sanitised between patients. Other payment methods can be arranged.
I have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. At this moment, I am not and no members of my household are exhibiting any symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection. If anyone develops any symptoms that could indicate COVID-19 infection or a lateral flow / PCR test is positive, your face-to-face appointment will be cancelled with as much notice as possible, and all patients who have attended the clinic in the previous 7 days contacted ASAP
When not to attend
I cannot see you in person if
- you have returned from overseas within the last 10 days from a country outside the current UK travel ‘green’ corridor or if you have been told to quarantine
- you or anyone in your household develop a fever, new cough or shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or taste, vomiting or diarrhoea before your appointment. Under this circumstance, there will be no late cancellation fee for not attending for this reason, but I would be grateful for as much notice as possible.
I am offering video / telehealth consultations for those who are vulnerable / high risk / do not need a face to face appointment at this time.
Please call the clinic or email me via this website to get any advice or if you have any questions.