Ultimately, Amersham Osteopathic Clinic is doing all that is reasonable to minimise risk while remaining open. However, we cannot eliminate all risk, primarily as COVID-19 can be spread by those showing no symptoms.
What you can do:
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment to avoid cross-contamination.
- Please try not to be late as I now need extra time between patients for additional hygiene procedures.
- Unless you need a chaperone, please do not bring anyone with you.
- I will leave the door slightly ajar to avoid the need to use the handle, (it is sanitised between patients if you need to use it) or use your sleeve or other covering to open
- Please let me know you have arrived before entering the reception so I can put on my fresh PPE
- If you think you will get thirsty, please bring a water bottle to avoid cross-contamination.
- Please do wear a face-covering if that makes you feel safer.
What I am doing
Additional Precautions and Infection Control Measures
I have updated infection control measures
- To offer an extra level of protection, I have now have a minimum 15 minute gap between patients to allow sanitising and disinfecting of equipment and fixtures, aeration and time to change PPE
- I will be wearing PPE for your protection including a face mask, disposable gloves, and will be changing my clinic top between each patient until guidance changes.
- My sink is available for your use as required for you to wash hands / face, there is fresh paper towel for you to dry hands / face
- Touchable hard surfaces that have been used will be sanitised between patients; including door handles, taps, card payment machines, chair, desk (as well as the usual cleaning procedures).
- The treatment couch now has a wipe clean sheet which is now sprayed and wiped down with medical-grade sanitiser between appointments.
- Magazines and soft furnishings such as seat cushions have been removed, any cushions used to support you during treatment will be placed under the plastic sheet.
- Children’s soft toy have been removed; plastic toys and wooden puzzles will be wiped clean after each use, but I encourage you to please bring your own toys to minimise the cleaning burden.
- I have a wipe clean mat for children who want to sit and play on the floor.
Contactless payment / card payment is preferred. The card machine is sanitised between patients. Other payment methods can be arranged.
At this moment, I am not and no members of my household are exhibiting any symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection. If anyone develops any symptoms that could indicate COVID-19 infection, your face-to-face appointment will be cancelled with as much notice as possible, and all patients treated in the previous 14 days contacted ASAP
When not to attend
I cannot see you in person if
- you or anyone you live with has received a letter or text to inform you are in an high-risk / clinically extremely vulnerable category, or you live with someone in an extremely high-risk group
- you have returned from overseas within the last 21 days
- you or anyone in your household develop a fever, new cough or shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or taste, vomiting or diarrhoea before your appointment. Under this circumstance, there will be no late cancellation fee for not attending for this reason, but I would be grateful for as much notice as possible.
I am offering video / telehealth consultations for those who are vulnerable / high risk / do not need a face to face appointment at this time.
Please call the clinic or email me via this website to get any advice or if you have any questions.